Friday, April 24, 2009

The Equipments (Part 1) ~ Tank

Exo Terra Glass Terarrium 30x30x45cm. Chose this size as it fits perfectly in the window bay ledge that I have intended for it. Ideally I would have chosen some thing like a 45x45x60cm for maximum free play in the tank layout and scape but oh well...there is a challenge in making a small tank look great too:)

the front of the box

the rear view of the box


the opening...

comes with a realistic Styrofoam rock background which I have yet to decide if I will be using.

very stealth air vents incorporated into the plastic structure just beneath the glass doors...nice

Back of the Styrofoam background which have gaps in the lower edge and 2 shallow tunnels at the rear to allow for wires and tubes to pass through... thoughtful!

Stainless steel mesh top that allow ventilation and light to filter into the tank... I may be adding some acrylic panels to increase the humidity level of the tank later on..

I love the well fitted seams with neat silicone work as well as very closely gaped glass doors. Overall, a good quality product well worth the $$!

No comments:

Post a Comment