Friday, April 24, 2009

The Materials

I'm slowly gathering all the materials required to construct the background, false bottom and the planned waterfall (although I have yet to sit down with pen and paper to draw up the scheme yet..:P )

so far, these are the materials I gathered:

  • Expanda Foam
  • Concrete
  • "Egg Crate" or Light diffuser gratings
  • Bamboo charcoal
  • Sculpting tools/ penknife
  • Face mask
I have yet to decide if I am making the background using the expanda foam with cocofibre siliconed up or concrete method.

A close up of the Expanda foam...took me a while to find these at Homely Hardware at No.1 Ubi Crescent.

I will probably need some other stuff like:
  • LECA clay pellats
  • Substrate for the water portion
  • mini pump for the water circulation and waterfall
  • peat, perlite and spagnum moss
  • plants (thinking of getting carnivorous plants like pitcher and venus fly traps)
  • faunas (will prob settle for hardy small ones like endlers)

No comments:

Post a Comment