Monday, April 27, 2009

MH Rack Version II

I decided to modify my MH Rack to unblock the view from the sides of the terrarium tank. So, today I went down to TC Aluminum again to get more joints and parts for the modification.

I was pleasantly surprised to discover a new kind of internal bracket joint which allow even more flexibility in the structural design. Now I have the option to have 2 L-bracket at the corners to strengthen such joints for heavier load bearing.



Notice that the top hanging horizontal beam is about midway between the base support. With the heavy MH pendant handing from there, the CG will be right smack in the middle of the structure.


The MH Rack II over the Terrarium. I am pretty happy with the amount of viewing space it liberated along the side of the tank! :D


Someone over at the Aquatic Quotient Forum was asking about the part I intended for hanging the MH. Is actually meant to hang glass panes but I am thinking it may just hold the pendant too....not 100% confirmed on using them yet...subject to my trial on it's load bearing capacity.

No comments:

Post a Comment